Prof Rufus Adesoji Adedoyin - National President
Prof Rufus Adesoji Adedoyin is a professor of Physiotherapy at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. He is the current Head, Department of Medical Rehabilitation and a honorary consultant cardiopulmonary Physiotherapist at the Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex, Ile-Ife (OAUTHC). His research and clinical interest is in the area of cardiopulmonary rehab, Exercise Science and physical activity & Environment. Dr Adedoyin has published over 100 papers in reputable peer-reviewed Journals. He is currently coordinating the cardiopulmonary Rehab and fitness unit of the Medical Rehabilitation Department, Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals complex. He has served as editor-in-Chief for the Journal of the Nigeria Society of Physiotherapy; reviewer and contributor to several international journals including Respiratory Care Journal of American Association of Respiratory Care (AARC). Dr Adedoyin is a recipient of several awards including of International Fellowship award of the AARC in 2008. He was enlisted as an Emerging Leader by the World Heart Federation in 2015.
Dr. Chidiebele Petronilla Ojukwu - Vice President
Dr. Chidiebele Petronilla Ojukwu is a women’s health physiotherapist and lecturer in the Department of Medical Rehabilitation, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus, Nigeria.
She has authored several articles in various physiotherapy areas. She is a renowned physiotherapist
Dr. Udoka Arinze Chris Okafor - General Secretary
Udoka Arinze Chris Okafor, Ph.D is a 1996 Physiotherapy graduate of the College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Nigeria. He also obtained his MSc (2003) and Ph.D (2013) from the same University. He is the first to obtain a Ph.D from any Nigerian University in the specialty of Ergonomics/Industrial Physiotherapy and also the first male to obtain a Ph.D from the Physiotherapy programme in the College of Medicine, University of Lagos, Nigeria. His core interests are Ergonomics, Occupational health and Safety with a bias in Road safety.
Contributions to Physiotherapy: Dr UAC Okafor has played consistently visible roles in the growth and re-branding of the Physiotherapy profession in Nigeria and Africa. He served the Physiotherapyprofession in Nigeria in various capacities including:
-Assistant National Secretary (2004-2008) -National Public Relations Officer and Editor in-Chief of the National PhysioNews (2008-2012), -Chairman Conferences and International Affairs Committee (2010-2011) -Vice President, Healthcare Providers’ Association of Nigeria (HCPAN)- (As Official Rep. of Physiotherapy Profession) (2008 – 2012) -Staff Adviser, Nigeria Association of Physiotherapy Students (NAPS, 2006- Date). -Pioneer Secretary, Private Practice Physiotherapists Association of Nigeria (2005-2008).
Beyond Nigeria, Dr Okafor has also played major roles inPhysiotherapy including: -Pioneer Coordinator, West Africa Physiotherapy Union (WAPU) – (A Sub-regional Affiliate of the World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT) (June 2012 – Date) -Member, Editorial Board, WCPT – Africa region (2015 – Date) -Member, International Judging Panel for WCPT (as only African Member), 2012 WCPTArts/ Photo Competition. -Sole /Official Delegate (for Nigeria) at WCPT-Africa Congress (Zambia 2014) -Alternate Voting Delegate (Nigeria) at the WCPT-Africa Congress Kenya, (June 2012) -Alternate Voting Delegate (Nigeria) at the WCPT Conference (Amsterdam, June 2011). -Volunteer (Congress Protocol) WCPT Congresses (Amsterdam 2011, Singapore 2015).
Dr Okafor (fondly referred toas ‘Mr Packager’in the Nigeria physiotherapy circle) has a flair for image making and branding and a strong advocate of professionalism and best practice in Physiotherapy. He is currently a Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy at the College of Medicine of the University of Lagos, Nigeria where he also serves in various Committees of the University
Onuchukwu Chioma Linda - National Treasurer
Chioma is a Chief Physiotherapist who works with Enugu State University Teaching Hospital. She graduated from The University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus and is specialized in Orthopaedics Physiotherapy and Human Anatomy.
Chioma loves reading, writing, teaching and traveling.
Famude Samuel Olawale - Financial secretary
Name- Famude Samuel Olawale
Rank- Chief Physiotherapist
Specialty- Musculoskeletal and Orthopedics
Place of work- Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, Ikeja.
Qualification- BMR(PT), MSc(PT)
Certification- Certified Ponseti specialist and clinical instructor in the management of Clubfoot by Ponseti International, Iowa USA
Hobbies- Watching football, Reading, Loves listening to Music
Marital status- Married with two children.
Mr Emmanuel Aliyu - Asst Secretary
Aliyu Emmanuel Samuel PT, BPT (BUK), MSc Orthopaedic and sports Physiotherapy (Ibadan), Presently a Principal Physiotherapist with University of Abuja teaching hospital Abuja, department of Physiotherapy with 12 years experience , Aliyu Emmanuel is currently the head of unit of Women’s health (O&G) unit and the Health promotion unit of the department of Physiotherapy, University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Abuja. He is the secretary of the sports development committee of University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Abuja mandated with the responsibilities of maintaining a healthy workforce of the hospital community. He holds a Bachelors of Physiotherapy (BPT) degree in Physiotherapy from Bayero University Kano and a Master of Science (MSc) degree with specialization in Orthopaedics and sports physiotherapy from the University of Ibadan. He is also a PhD candidate of the department of Physiotherapy, University of Ibadan.
Contact me at:
The department of physiotherapy , University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Abuja.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Ifeanyi Oti - National PRO
IFEANYI K. OTI is a graduate of Medical Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) from the prestigious University of Nigeria (UNN), Enugu Campus. He is a Principal Physiotherapist with University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH), Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
His specialty area is Neuro-Physiotherapy and has attended a couple of workshops and conferences with continuous professional development in that area. He is currently rounding off a Masters degree course in Public Health from the University of Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt where he is undoubtedly graduating in flying colours.
He is also an inspirational writer/conference speaker, teacher and preacher of God’s word. As a believer and disciple of Jesus Christ, his sole target is to stand as a light and signpost pointing men to the kingdom of God! His pen is one of his greatest companions!
He is currently the National PRO of Association of Clinical and Academic Physiotherapists of Nigeria (ACAPN).
He is happily married to Mrs Chioma Oti, and the union is currently blessed with a son and a daughter (Dominion and Delight respectively).
Nwosu Ifeoma Blessing - Assistant Public Relations Officer
Nwosu Ifeoma Blessing, the Assistant National PRO of ACAPN. A lecturer in the department of Medical Rehabilitation of the prestigious Nnamdi Azikiwe University which happens to be her Alma-mater.
She is committed in making a difference within her sphere of influence.
Mr Ernest Anikwe - Auditor
He is an M.Sc holder in Orthopaedics and Sports Physiotherapy and is currently a senior Physiotherapist at the University College Hospital Ibadan. Anikwe Ernest is a lover of physiotherapy with special interest in spine pathology management. He has fortified himself with advance trainings in this area and has been known for positive results. He was one of the 2 postgraduate students in Physiotherapy who distinguished themselves and were honoured by the University of Lagos with the prestigious “Teaching Assistantship Award”. He is a lover of peace and a leader with exemplary life style.
Dr. Adesola C. Odole – Chairman, Scientific Council
Dr. Adesola Christiana Odole is presently a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Physiotherapy, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria and honorary consultant in Orthopaedic Physiotherapy at the University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria. She was formerly a Chief Physiotherapist at University College Hospital, Ibadan, Nigeria. She is also the Deputy Course Director (Administration), Biomedical Education Programme, University of Ibadan. She has over 27 years of physiotherapy clinical practice and specializes in the management of orthopaedic conditions/musculoskeletal conditions. She obtained a Ph.D in Orthopaedic Physiotherapy in 2007 and MSc. degree in Biomedical education in 2011. She made significant contribution to the development of a Nigerian environment and culture friendly measuring tool (first indigenous measuring tool in Nigeria) for the assessment of therapeutic interventions in individuals with osteoarthritis of the knee/hip. She is a reviewer of many local and international journals and she has over 60 scientific publications in reputable journals. She has made several presentations at local and international conferences and recently won an award of the best presenter (Rapid 5 category) at the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists 2016 Conference, Glasgow. A significant proportionof her research efforts has been geared towards health outcomes assessment, epidemiology and intervention of major musculoskeletal conditions especially osteoarthritis, spinal pain and musculoskeletal pain. She is also involved in physiotherapy education and tele-physiotherapy/tele-health research.
PT. Adeboye E. Adelowokan – Chairman, Administrative Council
Mr Rotibi Babatola - Awards council
Rotibi graduated from University of Lagos in 1978.
- He was a former board member of MRTBN.
- One time lecturer in ABUTH School of Health Information Management, Zaria.
- Retired HOD/Asst Director ABUTH Zaria.
- Receiver of ICEN Leadership Award (USA)for Professional Development.
- Also has PGD in HIV/AIDS Education & Management.
- A Baptist, a former Director of Baptist Mens’ Fellowship, Member of Health Committee and former Chairman, Building Committe ( UEBC, kaduna)
- Presently, he is the Clinical Director, Cardinal Physiotherapy & Medical Rehabilitation Clinic, Kaduna.
Rotibi is a golfer,an athelete and a lover of technology. He is happily married , blessed with children and grand children.
Prof. Babatunde O. A. Adegoke- Chairman, Publication Council
Babatunde O.A. Adegoke, PhD is a lecturer in the Department of Physiotherapy, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. The University of Ibadan (popularly known as UI) which is Nigeria’s premier University was founded in 1948 and situated in the ancient city of Ibadan which is 120km away from Lagos, the nation’s commercial capital. The Physiotherapy training programme of the University of Ibadan is the first University-based Physiotherapy training programme in West Africa.
Babatunde holds a B.Sc (Physiotherapy) degree from the University of Ibadan, M.Sc in Sports Physiotherapy from the University of Pittsburgh, USA and PhD in Orthopaedic, Sports & Recreational Physiotherapy from the University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria. He is a Professor of Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy with research interests in musculoskeletal disorders especially of the back and knee, and providing evidence for the efficacy of physiotherapy interventions especially in musculoskeletal disorders. He has served as external examiner to undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within and outside Nigeria. He is also a reviewer to many journals within and outside Nigeria. He has over 70 publications in peer-reviewed journals locally and internationally. He is a Rotarian and a Paul Harris Fellow.
Dr. Blessing N. Jonathan- Chairman, Congress and Internalization Council
Details Coming Soon!
Dr Nneamaka Philomena Abanum – Chairman, Ethics and Quality Control Assurance Council council
Dr. Abanum is the Chief physiotherapist of Delta State(equivalent of Director of Physiotherapy in the federal government service)/ HOD at the department of physiotherapy, central hospital, Warri, under the Delta state hospitals management board, Asaba, Delta State Nigeria. She qualified as a physiotherapist from the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-ife, Nigeria (1982). She is also a holder of a doctor of physical therapy (DPT) degree from the University of Michigan-Flint, USA.
She is a specialist in functional capacity evaluation. She is a very prolific individual having worked and served humanity in many capacities some of which include; locum staff (Shell Petrochemicals clinic, Warri), consultant physiotherapist (Chevron Hospital, Warri), Member (MRTBN Board), Board Chairperson (Anglican Girl’s grammar school Asaba Alumni worldwide association [AGGSAWA]). As a passionate Nigerian physiotherapist, she has selflessly served the Nigerian professional body in many capacities in the past such as state vice chairperson, National PRO, National VP, National financial secretary, chairperson of various National standing committees, constitution review committee and many others.
Dr. Abanum is a pastor at the freedom ministries international (AKA Jubilee centre), Warri, Nigeria. She proudly owns her own private practice (Place of His Power physiotherapy clinic), Effurun, Warri, Delta State, Nigeria. She is happily married with children and a proud grandmother and her main hobby is to make other people happy.
Dr Kayode Israel Oke - Director Of Youth and Student Affairs
Dr. Kayode Oke is currently a Senior Lecturer and Head of Physiotherapy Department at the College of Medical Sciences of the University of Benin.
• He pioneered the commencement of degree training in Physiotherapy at the University of Benin. He had his first degree in Physiotherapy from the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, Nigeria and went ahead to posses his Master and doctorate degrees from the University of Benin.
• Dr. Oke has over 24years of clinical practice and research experience. His research interest areas focus on muscular actions, biomechanics and kinematics associated with human movement, pathomechanics of orthopaedic and musculoskeletal disabilities, and issues related to rehabilitation of musculoskeletal system dysfunctions with movement difficulty or inability, in apparently healthy and people with disease conditions.
• He has many published research articles in high impact peer review journals, and has also published two (2) books which focus on novel clinical findings and issues on musculoskeletal system dysfunctions and rehabilitation in both apparently healthy and disease conditions.
• He has contributed to sports development in Nigeria as a sport physiotherapist who has participated at all levels of sporting events (National sports events, all African games, Commonwealth and Olympic games) as a member of medical teams in different countries.
• Dr. Oke has also researched into patterns of sports injuries and factors responsible for enhanced sporting performance.
• He has also been part of many local and international professional meetings, conferences and workshops as a participant, Lead Speaker and or resource person.
• Kayode Oke belongs to many professional and research bodies which include the Medical Rehabilitation Therapist Board of Nigeria, Nigeria Physiotherapy Association, Physiological Society of Nigeria. He is also the Edo State Zonal Coordinator of the Society for the Study of Pain, Nigeria (SSPN), which is an affiliate of the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP).
• He has consistently served as one of the very few Nigerians in the conference papers reviewers’ board for the World Confederation for Physical Therapy in the last ten years. •Kayode Oke has been awarded locally and internationally including award from his alma mater, Department of Medical Rehabilitation of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, as a “Distinguished Alumnus” in 2007 and has also won many other awards for his exemplary contributions and impacts to the growth of physiotherapy and sports development in Nigeria.
• He was the Vice Chancellor prize winner, as the “Faculty Best Research Presenter”, of the 2nd edition of the University of Benin Annual Research day programme. He Chairs a number of important Faculty Standing Committees and is also a member of University standing Committees at the University of Benin.
• Dr. Oke is a well travelled man who has participated many international professional meetings and conferences in different parts of the world. He is devout Christian and President of Men Fellowship group of a large Christian province assembly.
Dr. Teslim A. Onigbinde- Director Consortium for Advanced Leadership and Mentorship Training Programme
Department of Medical Rehab.
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences,
Obafemi Awolowo University, lle-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
(b)Mobile Phone Number:+2348062587784
Academic/professional qualifications with dates:
(a) Bachelor of Medical Rehabilitation (BMR) in Physiotherapy 1990
(b)MEd Exercise Physiology 2001
(c) PhD Human kinetics 2010
Major thrust: Rehabilitative pharmacotherapeutics(Pharmacophysiotherapy)